- 30ml tablespoons gelatin
- 180ml cup water
- 120ml cup cold water
- Pinch salt
- 400g white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar
- Soak gelatin in 120ml cold water.
- Heat sugar in 180ml water until dissolved.
- Add gelatin to syrup and bring to boil.
- Take off stove, let stand until partially cool. (To cool rapidly, put saucepan in cold water.)
- Add salt and flavoring.
- Beat with electric mixer until stiff.
- Dust pan with powdered sugar and pour in 1 cm deep.
- When set, cut into squares with a knife dipped into cold water.
Eat as they are or add to a steaming cup of hot chocolate!