Location: West Dulwich, South East London (SE21) , SE21 Salary: Competitive Salary Package Offered Date posted: 11/04/2012 18:00Employer type:Retail Company: Rococo Chocolates Contact: Barry Johnson Ref: Caterer Job ID: 53331439
Rococo is currently recruiting a Trainee Chocolatier to be based at their head office / production site in South London.
Rococo Chocolates’ background
Rococo began the Real Chocolate Revolution in the UK in 1983 and in 2011 won the Academy of Chocolate Chocolatier of the Year Award. We now have 4 retail shops and many wholesale customers who will testify to the eclectic, sometimes eccentric but always delicious and beautifully presented chocolates and confectionery.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Principal Chocolatier, responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- To help produce a range of chocolates for our retail and wholesale outlets to a consistently high standard
- To run a clean, tidy and organised environment
- To maintain all work areas, utensils and equipment
- To be flexible in line with the needs of the business
- To be able to help/run the department during the absence of the Principal Chocolatier
- To effectively manage stock control
- To comply with current health and safety policies and procedures
We are looking for a dedicated and reliable individual that can work effectively in a small team.
The person will be motivated and a quick learner.
Other required skills include:
- Previous experience in a professional pastry or chocolate kitchen is required
- Knowledge of chocolate and chocolate production
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well in a team
- Broader interest in pastry and fine food
- High standard of personal hygiene and presentation
- Creative and artistic
- It would be helpful if you live reasonably close to the factory
- Competitive Salary Package
- 30 days paid holiday during each holiday year including Bank holidays
- Full training will be provided for the right candidate
- Primarily daytime hours, Monday-Friday
- Provision and laundry of uniforms
- Full staff discount on products
In line with the requirements of the Asylum & Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.