- 30g walnuts or almonds, ground
- 300g ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 300g raw sugar
- 15g unsalted butter
- 75g unsalted butter, softened
- 5 whole eggs
- 1g teaspoon sea salt
optional: powdered sugar and berries for garnish
- Preheat oven to 180 celsius.
- Melt 15g butter.
- Brush spring form pan with butter and dust with 1 tablespoon nuts.
- In a bain-marie over simmering water, melt the chocolate.
- Add sugar, butter and salt.
- Remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and add remaining nuts.
- Fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour into spring form pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Refrigerate overnight.
- Cut and serve dusted with icing sugar and berries.
Sorry this is the second time we’ve blogged about flourless chocolate cake in as many months, but this seems to be the holy grail, not just for wheat intolerants but also connoisseurs who prefer not to have their cocoa fix diluted by refined flour.