Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 450 grams of dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 150 grams of unsalted butter
- 100 grams vanilla infused sugar or caster sugar plus vanilla
- 5 large eggs separated
- Melt chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl.
- Line your tin with greaseproof paper.
- Whip the eggs and sugar for about 5 minutes until it transmogrifies in to a thick syllabub.
- Fold in dark chocolate/butter melt.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, the batter should fill the pan 3/4 of the way full, and bake at 375F/190C
- Bake for 25 minutes until an instant read thermometer reads 60C or test by inserting a sharp knive to see if it comes out clean
- Cool cake on a rack for 10 minutes then unmold.
- Optionally garnish with whipped cream and berries.
Notice how simple this is compare to the Jehan Can Cook recipe; I got the original inspiration from ST Style magazine which itself credited The Great British Book of Baking.
 Vanillin contains only one of 171 identified aromatic components of the real vanilla beans – don’t bother using where possible.
via · Death By Chocolate.