[ watch this space for images of the demo at today's Taste of Christmas 03 Dec 2010 to 05 Dec 2010 ]
This is one of the simplest and most delicious chocolate pudding recipes I have ever made. The scalded cream cooks the chocolate, and the earl adds a delicate, perfume. The texture is sublime, and it is one of the simplest forms of ganache.
- 125g 4 oz real dark chocolate (see p?)
- 350 ml 12 fl oz single cream –
- 1 tablespoon best earl grey tea
- 1 teasp orange flower water
- Make the tea in a pot using a teacup of boiling water, leave for one minute only?
- Finely chop the chocolate (page x) and put it into a heatproof bowl.
- Scald the cream by boiling it, use a pan with plenty of room for expansion.
- Pour the cream in bit by bit onto the chocolate.
- Use a rubber spatula to stir it in, ensuring a smooth emulsion.
- Then add the strained tea in the same way to keep the emulsion,
- finally add the orange flower water.
Pour into small coffee cups, glasses or ramekins and chill for at least 2 hours.