I have a love affair with Rococo Chocolates. These people put fun in to “funtastic” chocolate. I can while away an afternoon just browsing through their selection of beautiful and imaginative chocolates. And have been that way ever since I first came across them last year when I reviewed their Hand-painted Easter eggs and have been a fan ever since.
Seeing as they’ve been working hard expanding their product range I thought I’d check back and see what was new. And one of their range of novelty chocolates stood out to me – it was their Traffic Jam Chocolates which may cost £12.20, but are great value as they’re as cute as anything you’ll find on the internet!
If you’ve got a child that loves playing with miniatures then getting the Traffic Jam chocolates could add another dimension to play time as these chocolate ambulances, German postal vans, fire engines, RAC-type vans and airport buses are very tactile.
Each is about 4cm long, 2cm wide and 1.5cm tall and number 15 in total – allowing you to make a great traffic jam. Thankfully this Rococo version is a damn site more tasty than the real thing and certainly more welcome on a weekday evening.
The Rococo milk chocolate is exceptionally smooth and wonderfully sweet. They’re obviously aimed at children, or adults with a childish side so don’t expect anything as unusual as their range of chocolate bars (which are delicious). I’ve got some friends that are big kids, so I’ll share these chocolates with them and get them to add their thoughts.
But one of the touches I like is that when you buy their chocolates you also get a gift bag and some wonderful wrapping paper too. So if you are buying your loved one a chocolate Valentine’s gift, then you’re ready prepared!
- Taste: 75% – a great novelty chocolate, with a suitably sweet and creamy taste
- Texture: 75% – smooth and lingers wonderfully
- Appearance: 90% – they look cute both inside and outside of the box
- Nutritional Information: 70% – there’s enough to be going on with
- Price: 80% – if you’re looking for a luxury novelty chocolate gift then the price is great. If you’re looking for some chocolate to munch and not think too much about it then go for the Hotel Chocolat Tiddly Pots
- Overall: 78% – I can’t wait to see what everyone else thinks of them!